Friday, October 06, 2006

Today I learned a lesson.
Humility, and to not talk without proper knowledge.

Sometimes it's hard to realize that you're doing something that you know is wrong. Like talking without proper knowledge - I know, and I should know better, that in Islam, it's wrong to talk about something when you don't know all the details about it. Yet I made that error. Al-Hamdulillaah, though, it was quickly pointed out...

The thing about such lessons is that they're hard to swallow. My first reaction was wounded pride. Anger. Annoyance.

But... I deserved it. Let's just hope I can remember it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol, it's fine, said person isn't as knowledgable as he claims, just articulate

Safa said...

Interesting BLOG you have here. I like how well you spell out your points. Lessons in humiliaty are usually a daily occurence, we just have to open our eyes.

Frazza said...

Assalamu'alaykum sister,
There's good in making errors if we learn lessons from them. Sometimes, this is the only way to achieve tarbiyah.