Tuesday, September 26, 2006


The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Every deed of the human being is for himself and its reward is multiplied for him from ten to seven hundred times. Allah says: ‘Except for fasting, for truly it is for Me and I alone will reward it, for verily he abandoned his desires, his food, and his drink for my sake.’ The one who fasts experiences two joys, one upon breaking his fast and one when he meets his Lord. Surely the breath of the fasting person is sweeter to Allah than the fragrance of musk.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey mouse,
I know your stuff from As'ad's blog.
I post under the name datta.
I'm big fans of you and christian sunni. The fact that you are both so young is absolutely mindblowing to me.
I'm writing today to tell you about The second guest on today's "fresh air with terry gross". Her name is ingrid madsen and she has just been elected the head of a major north american muslim organization. She is the first woman, convert, and caucasian to ever hold the position.
Her interview was (in my opinion) very thoughtful and cogent,and I thought you might consider her a possible ally.
Keep up the great work.
christian sunni for queen and mouse for princess!
peace,
datta